Connecting the world by bringing the benefit of broadband to all
WBBA Barcelona Seminar 2023: Maximising Broadband's Global Potential
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Join the WBBA for our first event of 2023 as we host an in-person seminar and reception in Barcelona. Confirmed speakers include Martin Creaner, WBBA Director General, and Guanglu Shao, President, China Telecom. Further speakers will be announced.
Who should attend?
Operators and vendors, broadband industry organizations and partners, government organizations, financial institutions, investment banks, media and analysts.
Webinar: How Advanced Broadband Networks are Delivering Sustainable Socio-Economic Growth
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
In this free webinar the WBBA analysed broadband industry developments in 2022 and shared the outlook for 2023 – and what this means for operators, vendors, regulators and financiers. A must-see watch for telecom operators, technology vendors, government policymakers, regulators, standards bodies, financiers and enterprise end-users who want to contribute to, and benefit from, the shared goal of maximizing the social and economic benefits of equality of broadband for all.
WBBA Annual Event 2022
This year the WBBA held its Annual Event, Connecting the world by bringing the benefit of broadband to all, in Amsterdam on 19th October and in Bangkok on 28th October. During the events we created a platform to enable open discussion between different types of stakeholders to encourage greater cooperation and new partnerships.
View the livestream recordings from both events here. If you would like to speak to us about joining the WBBA please submit a membership enquiry form.
What is the World Broadband Association?
The WBBA is an independent legal entity registered in Switzerland.
Six Key Industry Challenges
Guiding Principles for Membership
- The WBBA is independently led by Informa Tech.
- All members are considered equal and are encouraged to contribute to agenda content, custom research-creation and the overall direction of the WBBA.
- All membership contact data will be kept confidential and no contact details will be shared publicly or with other members without the explicit written consent of that member.
- No public reference to specific member organizations will be made in WBBA collateral without the explicit written consent of the member organization.
- Members are not contractually obliged to renew membership in 2022 and are free to cancel membership at any time if required.
- The WBBA is financed via sponsorship by vendor partners within the industry, and all future partners have the opportunity to become sponsors.
- There are no dues or fees for non-vendor WBBA membership. Although the opportunity for partners to become sponsors will be available and future membership models (post year 1) will be agreed by the WBBA Advisory Board.
- There are no obligations for members to meet with, endorse, or share contact details with WBBA sponsors.
- All WBBA members will have equal representation and voting rights regarding the content focus and methodology underpinning the WBBA program.
- “The mission of the WBBA is to bring together cloud and broadband industry stakeholders to address and drive forward shared goals of maximizing the social and economic benefits of equality of digital ultra-broadband for all globally.
- The WBBA will provide an open, multilateral organization and platform for future-facing broadband cooperation and partnership across the industry, championing the business, consumer and citizen outcomes that broadband is capable of delivering across the world, through converged network and cloud infrastructure.”
- Provide members with valuable market insights and key cloud &broadband industry information, while also opening up new growth opportunities.
- Overcome industry challenges, enable cloud & broadband network technology development and service innovation, and influence operators, vendors and policy-makers in the drive towards the provision of ultra-broadband networks and services for all.
- Champion the development of the cloud & broadband industry, to deliver sustainable benefits for stakeholders, businesses, consumers, , and society at large, by enabling the digital transformation of the world.